Friday 23 August 2013

Skip the Line Eiffel Tower, Paris- Tripplanning

 
While browsing the internet, I stumbled upon "Skip the line: Eiffel Tower tickets" and other Paris attractions. The idea really appealed to me. I hate waiting in line. And in my recent trip to America, I wish I had paid a little extra to skip the cues. We are talking about 3 hour cues for a ride at Disneyland, 2 hours cues to get up to the Empire State Building. My brother and his girlfriend took a weekend soujourn to Paris in the heat of summer and told me it took them 3 hours to line up for the Eiffel tour.
Eiffel queue
I read through some reviews on Tripadvisor and found generally positive reviews for the Eiffel Tower + Small Group Tour package. Most of the reviewers were happy with skipping the line, and the guides seem to be a hit or miss. As always I read the negative reviews too. Well it was nothing I didn't know- I would only skip the first line and this is an expensive option. And the other lines to the top level would take a minimum of an hour. Is it worth it? Given the reviews, I'd probably skip the talking tour and just get a piority pass to the top. Ticket costs:

  • Skip the line: Eiffel tower (ticket only) (US$54)
  • From the Eiffel Tower website. 8.5 € to the second level , 14.5 € (approx US$20) to the submit.
  • (You can book a time slot 2 months in advance)
  • Skip the line Louve Museum (US$49)
  • From the Louve Museum website. €12- €16. (approx US$16- 21)
If you can, try to purchase the tickets from the official website. Once they sell out, you can decide whether paying U$30 is worth perhaps 2 hours from the base. Or if you are a poor uni student, have plenty of time, or want to spend time chatting to your travel companions, take a gamble and just wait in line. As for me? Given the limited amount of time I'll be in Paris, I'm going to try to get my hands on a piority pass the cheapest way possible. If I can't, this will be my plan B. Paris
 Attractions include: You can find these at Viator.
  • Eiffel Tower (US$54)
  • Eiffel Tower + small group tour (US$80).
  • Louve (US$49)
  • Louve + small group tour (US$69)
  • Catacombs + small group tour (US$61
  • Wax Museum (US$30)
  • Palace of Versailles (US$54)
  • Versailles + Small group tour (US$101)
  • Versailles + Small group tour fountains (US$161)
  • Versailles + Grand Canal Lunch (US$210)
  • Hard Rock Cafe Paris. 2 Course meal (US$29) 3 Course meal (US$33)
  • Extra pricing for special days, e.g. Valentines day, New Years Eve
These tours include:
  • Priority access (first line- if there is another line inside the attraction, this is excluded)
  • General admission to the attraction so you can explore at your own pace
  • Small group tours are add-ons, max 20 people.
"Skip the line" also appears to offer similar services in other cities and attractions. Would you pay to Skip the line in Paris?


This post contains affiliated links and images from Flickr users.

0 comments:

Post a Comment